Roundtable 6 – Technology adoption to drive productivity
In our sixth roundtable session as part of the national Recovery Roadmap program, the group discussed how we best support the UK public and higher education sectors to better understand how digital technology can enable increased productivity and be equipped with the trial solutions and knowledge to show the potential return on investment.
Now, we can easily have conversations with anybody at any point across the country, which is really, really good. Although technically we could do that before, there’s been a real culture change and I hope we can take the best things going forward as we reenter the workspace next year.Ethan Wroe, Policy Support Officer at Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
Watch the roundtable discussion
In the UKTCG’s third roundtable event, a panel of experts explore how digital skills and capabilities will be essential in the new normal enabling the UK’s economic recovery.
- Ben Shorrock, Managing Director TechSPARK, UKTCG Steering Board
- Robert Walker, Strategic Project Manager, Sheffield City Council
- Jennifer Wells, Knowledge Exchange Manager, University of Brighton
- Emma Woodcock, Chief Information Officer, Yorkshire St John University
- Andrew Henley, Co-I and Wales lead ESRC The Productivity Institute, Co-I ESRC Productivity Insights Network & Professor of Entrepreneurship and Economics at Cardiff University
- Andy Salmon, Vice Principal, Bath Spa University
- James Bedford, Digital Cluster Development Manager, Science & Technology Council
- Mark Lockett, Sales Director, TechnologyOne
- Michael Veasey, Economic Development Consultant, Essex County Council
- Kate de Vries, Economic Development Officer, Norfolk County Council