Roundtable 1 – Building Technology Test Beds Across the UK
Testbeds have traditionally been important in driving innovation and allow for risk mitigation in developing new technologies and products. They also serve as a useful connector between corporate, public sector, university and innovative SME organisations.
However, there have been challenges with testbeds in the past. They can suffer from a lack of clear objectives, or unstable funding which can result in ‘Orphaned’ testbeds. To add value they are going to have to develop and adapt to support the tech and digital sector in facing the unique challenges presented by Brexit and COVID-19.
We want to see new, federated testbeds connected through industry verticals within a common infrastructure.Paul Wilson, Founder, UK5G
Watch the roundtable discussion
In the UKTCG’s first roundtable event, a panel of experts explore how giving tech businesses more opportunities to test, trial and showcase their ideas will provide a gateway to help the public and higher education sector innovate quicker.
- Ben Shorrock, MD TechSPARK, Director UK Tech Cluster Group
- David Dunn, CEO Sunderland Software City, Chair UK Tech Cluster Group
- Vish Mathur, Global Head of Engagement, Telecoms Infra Project
- Nick Sturge MBE, Adviser to Cyber Central, Cheltenham Borough Council
- Paul Willson, Co- Founder, UK5G
- Martin Reid, CEO, Engine Shed
- Anwen Robinson, TechnologyOne