The Recovery Roadmap Summit
On 23rd June 2020 the UKTCG will host the Recovery Roadmap Summit to plan how tech communities across the UK can emerge from this crisis even stronger.
The Summit will explore the disproportionate impact on the UK’s nations & regions in the face of Covid-19 and what we can do together to recover and reboot. The day will consider the different draft recovery plans that areas have and share learning across clusters to answer the question, ‘What solutions have people come up with which could be replicated in different areas?’ This is particularly focused on the impact on the tech sector and how the tech sector can support its local communities.
The Roadmap to Recovery event is designed to be action orientated, with political leaders setting the scene followed by a series workshops to practically share knowledge and best practice including
- Keynote & panels on the strategic approach to our response to COVID-19 with Ministers, Local Authority Leaders and Mayors
A series of practical workshops and sessions focussed on:
- the new skills we need to develop in the talent pool and how it can be done
- business support that helps transform our business base for a digital future
- building the physical infrastructure to ensure our future resilience
Ensuring our plans are globally competitive we will have sessions considering:
- International approaches and best practice
- the unique needs of our nations and regions
- using wider geographies (such as the Northern Powerhouse) can give us an international platform
This will be an invite-only event for key policymakers and ecosystem leaders in our communities across the UK. The sessions are action orientated and are for the people formulating our response to this crisis., We expect to have 200-400 attendees from across the UK.
ACTIONS FROM THE EVENT
Following the conversations, we would use the data and market intelligence gathered to create a report and policy document on areas of best practice & knowledge sharing which we can then feed into our localities. This would act as a call to action and maintain ongoing conversations.
The Draft Agenda is
If you’d like to know more about the Summit or how to get involved please email hello@TechSPARK.co